Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cupcake Cookies

OK.... Maybe the title is a little bit misleading.... These are not some sort of Frankenstein hybrid cookie/cupcake but rather cookies in the shape of cupcakes. A baking supply store opened near me recently and in my excitement at all the wonderous possible shapes/glitters/lustres I bought (among other things) a cupcake shaped cutter. If you have patience and a sharp knife you could probably use a stencil to carve the cookies out in this shape, but nothing beats the finish of a cutter.

I'm not a big fan of the basic sugar cookies dough recipes, finding the biscuit not very tasty and quite hard (even though I added lime zest) so I would recommend using the shortbread recipe from my first post. It doesn't rise so you will get a cookie that can be easily iced. I used parchment/baking paper cones to pipe my icing as I think they give the best hold and you can have different ones for colours. They are also of course cheap to make and don't require cleaning out when you are done- one of my pet peeves!

Here are the pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment