Sunday 1 April 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes



Oh hello! Things have been a bit hectic recently. Exams are no fun. Minus fun. I'm glad to be back to living a normal life. And back to baking! So what's on the menu? Well I was in one of those moods on Friday evening after work. You know when you want to do something but you just don't know what and everything you start you don't feel like finishing? Its horrible that kind of restlessness. I think it was because I was used to compartmentalising the day, squeezing in some free time, 30 minutes for dinner, 40 minutes watching TV etc etc. Then on Friday I just literally did not know what to do with myself. All this free time was staring me in the face. There were a few projects I'd been looking forward to, icing cookies, piping flowers, baking beetroot chocolate cupcakes but they all just seemed like a little too much effort. So I settled on baking these babies- dessert meets cupcake. It was the cream cheese that sold it for me, its all about the cream cheese.

From 'Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery'

Makes 15 regular cupcakes
225g caster sugar
210g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cornflour
125g fresh ripe strawberries, crushed (I blitz-ed them in a food processor)
225g margarine, softened
4 large eggs at room temperature

1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and pale- about 5-6 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time with a heaped tablespoon of flour.
2. In a separate bowl blitz the strawberries, baking powder, any remaining flour and the cornflour.
3. Fold in the strawberry mixture until evenly combined.
4. Fill the cases two-thirds full and bake for 15 minutes at 180oC until a skewer comes out clean.

87g cream cheese
225g icing sugar
65g unsalted butter, diced
pink icing sugar

1. Cream together all the ingredients until smooth with an electric beater. This will take about 5 minutes and should be white as opposed to yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment