Friday 22 June 2012

Caribbean Brownies


I am one lucky girl. I'm heading off to New Zealand and Australia for 6 weeks tomorrow. All through college my friend and I promised each other if we got some money together we'd head off and now it is finally happening. It's all a bit surreal!! I've been obsessively stalking the internet looking up activities, accommodation, food, reviews etc. I love organising and planning and it makes me think what did we do before the internet? I'm officially an information junkie.

I'm counting down the days and these brownies were an exercise in whittling away the days. These are my favourite brownie recipe, so moist and gooey. Enjoy!!

Ingredients

250g butter
250g chocolate
5 eggs
350g dark muscovado sugar
2 tbsp rum
150g plain flour
125g pecan nuts or walnuts, chopped
4 pieces stem ginger from a jar or crystallised ginger

Method
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water until glossy. Allow to cool
2. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl under paler. Approx 6 minutes.
3. Stream in the butter/chocolate while beating to incorporate. Add the rum and mix.
4. Fold in the nuts and ginger.
5. Fold in the sifted flour.
6. Bake at 180oC for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out slightly sticky.


1 comment:

  1. Wow fantastic ! Hope you have a fab time down under.
    Tell me , how did you get on with the macarons ?

    ReplyDelete