Oh dear, I am in a BAD MOOD. Its has been a long tedious study week. I feel like lying on the floor kicking and screaming in a Girl, Interrupted way. Or pulling the sink off the wall in a Walk the Line-Way. So many film references so little time. ...
In the interest of protecting the fixtures and fittings in the house (and health and safety of those unfortunates you have to live with me) I turn to blogging a post of a recipe that I made weeks ago and just haven't had time to put up. Peanut butter chocolate cupcakes.
Its like I always say 'If you can't beat 'em turn to chocolate.' Similar to 'If at first you don't succeed, give up and eat chocolate'...
From Gizzi's Kitchen Magic
170g softened butter (I prefer 100g butter and 70g margarine actually)
170g caster sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
170g self raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
3-4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat sugar and butter together until soft and very white, approx. 5-6 minutes.
2. Add the eggs one at a time with a heaped tablespoon of the flour.
3. In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients together. Dump on top of the sugar mixture, add the milk and vanilla and then fold gently but firmly until all incorporated.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180oC until golden and risen.
For the icing
100g peanut butter
85g icing sugar
75g cream cheese
1. Beat together all the ingredients. Swirl over the cupcakes.