Saturday 10 August 2013

Lavender Macarons



Lavender reminds me of my holidays in Croatia. Of basking sun and lavender scented islands. Of crystal clear waters and white stone beaches. The islands of Hvar are famous for lavender and the shops all along the coast sell lavender in hand stitched cloth bags. I love it. 

Naturally when I got home I wanted to bust out the culinary lavender I bought to make this lavender shortbread. Lavender is in season now so you can buy some fresh, wash it and grind it up. 
And if you haven't tried lavender before, it is lovely used in small quantities, not soapy at all. 

When you need a little 'posh' in your life pull the macarons out. You'll feel like Kate Middleton pre poop and nappies. 

Make using the Bravetart basic recipe here with 1 tablespoon of lavender ground into the ground almonds and my swiss buttercream recipe here

1 comment:

  1. When you need a little 'posh' in your life pull the macarons out. You'll feel like Kate Middleton pre poop and nappies.

    LOVE this - how did have you time to make macaroons today?

    ReplyDelete